About Mrs. Kolbert
Fun Facts With Mrs. Kolbert:
I was born in Spring Valley, New York.
I moved to Florida in 1979 where I finished high school and then went to Florida State University. (Go ‘Noles!) I finished college at Florida Atlantic University and then went to Nova University where I earned my Masters Degree.
I have a husband and two sons. My youngest is in high school and my oldest is in college at Florida Gulf Coast University. They both play ice-hockey and that makes me a HockeyMom.
Proud to call myself an educator, I’ve taught in Palm Beach County, Florida, since 1984. I’ve always taught elementary school and in 2004 I decided to try something different and joined the ranks of district administrators in Palm Beach County where I helped train teachers to successfully integrate technology. In addition, I helped make sure that a lot of the programs teachers use every day were running smoothly and that they knew how to use them. It was a great job where I also got to work with wonderfully bright and talented people.
Only recently, I decided to return to teaching simply because I missed being in the classroom with children. So here I am, back at one of my previous schools and it feels like I’ve never left teaching kids! It’s like riding a bicycle.
Some things I do in my free time:
STAR Discovery Educator – Discovery Communications
Public Speaking (see below) National Conference Presentations:
- Innovative Learning Conference; 2007- San Jose, CA
- Building Learning Communities; 2009 – Boston, MA
- FETC (Florida Educational Technology Conference); 2010 – Orlando, FL
- Building Learning Communities; 2010 – Boston, MA
- ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education); 2010 – Denver, CO
- FETC (Florida Educational Technology Conference); 2011 – Orlando, FL