Sep

Ever Been To The Everglades?

Filed Under (Everglades, florida, science, social studies) by Lee Kolbert on 09-09-2010

In class we are learning about the Florida Everglades. The students are excited to be creating posters with their groups depicting images and facts about the Everglades.

Did you know…

The Everglades is made up of over 10,000 different islands?
One of the most endangered species of animals in the Florida Everglades is the Florida Panther?
The Everglades are home to over 67 threatened or endangered species.

Most people (me included) have never actually visited and might be interested in taking a virtual tour. Take a few minutes and enjoy this airboat ride with Captain Ken.

Mr Wood on 10 September, 2010 at 5:57 pm #

Wow it sounds like paradise. Where are the everglades?

Ethan D. on 12 September, 2010 at 8:03 pm #

I think it would be fun to take an airboat ride as a field trip.

Sammi K. on 13 September, 2010 at 2:45 pm #

Once I went on a airboat and we saw a lot of alligators and it was loud to. 🙂

Victoria F. on 13 September, 2010 at 4:13 pm #

The Everglades are awesome! Even though I learned about them last year at my old school, I know much more about them already.I would love to take an airboat ride and see all of the fascinating animals.

Kayla S. on 13 September, 2010 at 4:54 pm #

as the vidio pladed it was like you were really sitting on a airboat enjoying the ride.i think personally it would be a great oppirtunity to take to go on a air boat ride think itn would be very cool!

Lauren P. on 13 September, 2010 at 8:23 pm #

Ive been on an airboat ride in the everglades and it was very loud but personallly I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;):)

Mariana V on 13 September, 2010 at 9:27 pm #

i felt like i was really on the air boat i saw lots of trees and acouple of gators and for the first time i saw teeth of a crab IT WAS VERY LOUD! i loved it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;] :]

Mariana V. on 13 September, 2010 at 9:35 pm #

i been on an airboat twice but there was more wheni went than the time i went but i liked it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;]i loved the video it was like i was on a really on a airboat also itwas loud butit was intresting!!!! :}

cameryn j on 14 September, 2010 at 4:00 pm #

this viedoe was very good it gave me lots of intresting facts and i lenerd a lot from it and i like when the alligator came out under the bout the alligator was huge i also liked when hewas talking about the crab the viedoe was really cool

Lily S on 14 September, 2010 at 4:45 pm #

When you watch the video it truly fells like you are on it. I went one once before and it was so loud but super! =-)

Jordan R. on 14 September, 2010 at 7:25 pm #

The fan sucked up the gator.

Rachel A. on 14 September, 2010 at 8:55 pm #

Even though I never went to the Everglades before it sure made it look like we were actually on a airboat looking at the different animals and plants. (; (:

Amanda on 14 September, 2010 at 9:07 pm #

That was so cool. I learned a lot.

Alessandro R. on 15 September, 2010 at 7:12 pm #

WOW!Its so cool because I have never seen a real alligator and I never knew that the everglades was like that.Also,I have never seen a crab that big!

Jon D. on 16 September, 2010 at 4:51 pm #

I have been on an airboat twice but this one was way cooler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ezgi E. on 18 September, 2010 at 6:29 pm #

The crab was so cool!I had no idea crabs can be so uniqu. I thoght crabs were boring and lame. I have never been on a airboat ride but, reading these comments make me feel like i aready when on one! I couldent belive my eyes when i saw how beutiful the everglades is! I thought it was just any old lake with trees and plants along the sides! I hope one day i can go on an airboat ride too, and see the beutiful Evreglades in person.

caroline s. on 23 September, 2010 at 3:38 pm #

after learning and waching videos about the everglades i think its realy intresting

schaubc on 13 October, 2010 at 6:12 pm #

Mrs. Kolbert:

I’ve lived in Florida for 20 years and never yet seen an alligator. Thank you for bringing a few into my living room. It was very enjoyable to finally see one up close!

Mrs. Schaub
Palm Beach Virtual School

busy do Niemiec on 1 November, 2010 at 9:40 am #

I stumbled across your blog, and think it’s fantastic, keep on posting