Aug

Welcome Class

Filed Under (general) by Lee Kolbert on 15-08-2010

I’m SO excited that a new school year is about to begin. Last year was my first year back in the classroom after working as a district administrator for 5 years. I taught elementary school for 20 years prior to that. As a matter of fact, for 3 of those years, I was right here at this very same school! So, I left the classroom and worked on special technology projects with the grown-ups in our district and was making lots more money,  so why did I return to teaching? Because I really missed the kids!

And it was a GREAT decision. I LOVED being back in the classroom last year and I am really looking forward to an even better year this year. One of the things I loved was how interesting each of my students were. It takes a little while to get to know everyone but I really loved learning about each and every one.

Sometimes, the first few days of school can be nerve-wracking. We tend to worry about what the expectations are and what others will think of us. I know when I meet someone new, I hope they will understand that sometimes I ask a lot of questions and repeat myself and it’s not because I’m trying to be rude but because I am curious or maybe I didn’t understand something.

What are some things you would like people to understand about you when you meet them for the first time? Please respond by clicking “Post a Comment” below. Your comment will not be seen by others until I approve it. If you are under 13, please:

• Use only your first name and last initial.
  • Do not use your real email address on any blogs or Internet site. Use email@email.com here instead.
  • Do not include any personal information on any Internet site (such as your last name, address, phone number, etc.)

I am looking forward to reading your response and learning about you. I have a feeling we’ll be learning a lot from each other.

Mrs. Kolbert

KellyA on 15 August, 2010 at 3:26 pm #

I think it is important that people know that I am very shy! I will usually just give short answers until I get to know a person!

Hadass Eviatar on 15 August, 2010 at 3:53 pm #

Hi Mrs. Kolbert! I hope you and your students have a wonderful year together. For me, I would like people to know that I can sometimes sound aggressive when I don’t mean to. They just need to tell me to chill ;-).

Welcome to the 2010-2011 School Year | fosterblog on 15 August, 2010 at 6:42 pm #

[…] Foster Post a Comment    (1) Comment   Read […]

Jack L on 16 August, 2010 at 10:00 am #

I want people to know that I am willing to be their friend.

Jon D. on 16 August, 2010 at 10:41 am #

I love this class because all my friends are in my class and my teacher is really nice because she shook my hand and my mom and dad because she really wanted to know me and my parents.

max f on 16 August, 2010 at 10:59 am #

I love computers and videogames. I am a little shy.

Lily S. on 16 August, 2010 at 11:21 am #

It is my first year at Water’s Edge school and i think i will really like it!

Joey L. on 16 August, 2010 at 4:30 pm #

I had a great summer and looking foward to 4th grade!

Karen McMillan on 16 August, 2010 at 5:26 pm #

Hello Mrs. Kolbert!

I’d like to wish you and your students a wonderful start to the new school year. I hope every day brings something new and interesting for all of you to learn (I know it will!)

As for your question, I would like people to know that sometimes it may seem like I’m not paying attention or I don’t have anything to say. I am and I do. I just need an extra moment or two to process everything.

Have a wonderful first day of school!!

Kayla S. on 16 August, 2010 at 5:52 pm #

I want people to like me for who I am. I am excited for a new year with new and old friends!

EricJ on 16 August, 2010 at 6:14 pm #

I like people to know that I’m outgoing, humorous and I’ve been skateboarding for 6 yrs!

Rachel A. on 16 August, 2010 at 6:50 pm #

I am very shy at first but when I get to know a person i’m not shy at all. I hope this will be one of my favorite grades at Waters Edge. 🙂

Lauren P. on 16 August, 2010 at 7:06 pm #

OMG…..I am so excited for this year to start. I have so many friends in the class, and look forward to meeting new friends as well. Mrs. Kolbert has such a pretty smile, and she is going to make this year rock!!:);)

Cameryn J. on 16 August, 2010 at 7:59 pm #

I would like people to know that I am a nice person and I like being kind to others. I am really outgoing and a happy person. I am excited you are my teacher and I think this is going to be a great year.

caroline s. on 16 August, 2010 at 8:00 pm #

i love to make new friends and i am a good friend but i am also very shy

Ezgi E. on 16 August, 2010 at 8:02 pm #

I would like people to understand that I am a caring and friendly person.

Ezgi E. on 16 August, 2010 at 8:04 pm #

I am always looking for a friend!

Ben S. on 16 August, 2010 at 8:20 pm #

I am very exited to start a new year.I like playing outside with my friends my favorite subject is math and I like P.E.

mackenzie m on 16 August, 2010 at 9:00 pm #

It’s my first year at Water’s edge and I am looking forward to year. I am very shy but want to meet a lot of new people. I am very excited that my teacher is so nice.

Ian S on 16 August, 2010 at 9:01 pm #

I like sports and my favorite one to play is baseball. I am a big Yankee fan. I like to read and sing. I’m a dog lover!

Samantha K. on 16 August, 2010 at 9:05 pm #

I love to play the drums and I love [my school] I was in the school for 5 years it is a blast! 🙂

Naomi H. on 17 August, 2010 at 3:00 pm #

I would like people to know thet i am very easy to make friends with and that I like creating drawings and Ilove playing basketball and soccer.

Taylor D. on 17 August, 2010 at 3:22 pm #

When I first meet someone I want them to understand that if we become friend I will always be there for them. And that i’m a really nice friend.

Ethan D. on 17 August, 2010 at 3:32 pm #

I am very nice. My favorite subject is math. I am very funny. I just moved in from Georgia.

marlee on 17 August, 2010 at 5:31 pm #

i am looking foward to a great year and to lean new stuff and make new friends. I am looking foward to being your student.

Matthew S. on 17 August, 2010 at 7:47 pm #

I am really excited to be in your class and I am looking forward to hanging out with old friends and meeting new friends too.

Jordan R. on 17 August, 2010 at 8:00 pm #

I am excited for 4th grade and I am nice.I like basketball especially the miami heat.

Demetrios T. on 17 August, 2010 at 9:57 pm #

I am looking forward to a great school year with new and old friends. I am easy to make friends with and enjoy their company. My favorite subject is math and science. I like to play football, soccer, and basketball.

Melissa McBride on 18 August, 2010 at 8:26 am #

I want you to know that Mrs. Kolbert is one of the best technology guru’s I know! She knows how to make learning fun! I hope you will all have a great school year with Mrs. Kobert.

In answer to Mrs. Kolbert’s question – I want people to know that if I do something – I always try my best. What is the point in doing anything if you don’t give it your all?

Have a great year!

Brandon D on 18 August, 2010 at 5:17 pm #

I like sports my favorite is football and
i am very funny and excited for fourth grade.

Jordan RS on 18 August, 2010 at 5:53 pm #

I am Jordan.My favorite sport is golf.I can hit the golf ball 165 yards.I am sometimes shy at first but really like to meet new friends.I hope we all have a good year together.

Victoria F. on 19 August, 2010 at 6:21 pm #

I am new to [my school] and I want people to understand when I first meet them, I’ll always be their friend. My name is Victoria, but you can call me Victory, Tory or Victoria. Please don’t call me Vicky. My hobbies are soccer, basketball, and art. I love to draw! I hope to make many new friends this year. I am glad to be in Mrs. Kolbert’s class. I know we will have a great year!

Flor R, on 19 August, 2010 at 6:47 pm #

I have a good feeling this is going to be a wonderful year for everybody,My son is very exited with the new class.Thank You.

Alessandro R, on 19 August, 2010 at 6:52 pm #

I love the 4th grade,its so much fun because its like your in a house plus I love doing the fun activities and all my friends and my teacher!!!

Miss B. on 15 September, 2010 at 11:45 pm #

Dear Mrs. Kolbert,
I can’t seem to find anywhere on your blog where you teach! I guess it’s in the USA, but I’m not sure where. We really enjoy your blog. Please visit us, too!
Miss B. and her Gr.5s

caroline s. on 21 September, 2010 at 4:05 pm #

hi everybody! its caroline and i missed you guys so much! i wanted to say thank you for that wonderful card you guys gave me. it looks like you put a lot of effort into it. see you tomarrow.bye!

elle and madison on 1 October, 2010 at 1:42 pm #

welcome mrs.kolberts 4th grade class! we were in her class last year and she is the best teacher ever! have a great year with her!