May

More Rockin’ Videos To Explain Science

Filed Under (science) by Lee Kolbert on 25-05-2010

I’m happy to present our final group of science videos created this week. The students worked long and hard in their groups to write their scripts and develop their explanations to create these videos using the model inspired by CommonCraft. We hope you enjoy them. Please leave us a comment to tell us what you think.

It’s The Rock Cycle by Troy, Rachel and Frankie

It’s Raining Weather by Jack, Katie and Taylor

Weathering and Erosion by Olivia, Eric, Seth and Ray

It’s Raining (The Water Cycle) by Miles, Madison and Grace

Saving The Earth (Conservation) by Kyle, Santiago, Elle and Maria

Sensational Soil by Ben, Dario and Nick

Heather Temske on 26 May, 2010 at 6:46 am #

This are very well done! Theses are well planned and presented. I wish I was still in school so I could show my students but our last day was Friday. Keep up the good work :-)

Heather Durnin on 26 May, 2010 at 6:58 am #

These well done videos clearly explain, “in plain english” the various science and geography concepts. If you don’t mind, I’ll show them to my class next year when we study some of the same topics:) Well done!
@hdurnin

Mrs.A on 26 May, 2010 at 3:23 pm #

I will be sharing these with teachers in my school, to help them see another way to create videos. Great Job!

Kat Virtanen on 29 May, 2010 at 4:09 pm #

Wow!1 What a great job they all did!!!

maria.c on 31 May, 2010 at 8:53 am #

They were all awesome!

Mary Beth on 16 August, 2010 at 12:50 pm #

What an interesting way to have students learn about science and technology all at once. Great job!

Kara on 25 November, 2010 at 6:24 pm #

I think all of them were AWESOME!!!!!!!
They all did a great job and I think that they should make more of the little films!

Olivia on 25 November, 2010 at 6:25 pm #

That explained the topics very well. I thought they were really good. This is one like them but about the water cycle, I did it myself! This is the link-http://berwicklodgeps.globalstudent.org.au/2010/11/13/a-different-water-cycle-by-olivia-tahlia-courtney/

tahlia on 25 November, 2010 at 6:34 pm #

Hi I’m Tahlia I come from Victoria, Australia and your film was verry good. I liked how well you explained everything so well but a tip for next time is to speak a little louder. We make a film too if you want to see it you can go to…