Technology – Invention Project quiz – Essay
May 3, 2012
One of the big ideas of this course so far has been that of technology being a creative act. The word technology comes from the Greek word techne which means art or to make. Technology is about making things to satisfy needs, solve problems and increase our capabilities.
Use the questions below as a guide to writing about the invention project you have been working on. The essay should use size 12 font, be single spaced, with a double space between paragraphs. First write your essay in Word (make sure you save your Word file to your documents folder), then post it to the blog at:
Use the below topics as a guide to writing about your invention project.
This counts as a quiz grade. Quizzes/Tests make up 20% of your grade.
- Introduction – working together as a team to create an idea for an invention and document it through sketches, a poster and a video.
- What is your invention?
- Describe how you came up with the idea for your invention. Be specific.
- Write about the steps in creating your project, be specific.
- Brainstorming ideas for an invention
- Creating a thumbnail sketch for your poster
- Designing a poster with: the name of the invention, a drawing with color of the invention, a description of the invention that tells what the invention does, why someone should buy it and how much it costs.
- Next you wrote a script for a video you would make about your invention. What was your script about? Be specific.
- You sketched some storyboards for the shots you would take in your video. What shots did you come up with for your storyboard. (Establishing shot, medium shot, close-up, zoom, tilt, pan)
- Then you shot your video. What problems did you encounter in shooting the video. What did you do to solve them. What would you do differently next time?
- Conclusion – Tell about what you have learned from the project so far.