Yearbook students – Write a good four to six sentences about each of your teachers and classes and you can also write about lunch.
31 Comments »
Below is a list of some design opportunities for the yearbook:
1. TV-Guide style design for Table of Contents.
2. Drawings/artwork – interspersed throughout.
3. Logos for various themed pages.
4. Others? Reply comment with your ideas.
2 Comments »
Below are some writing opportunities. Please indicate if you are interested in doing of these. We will use the best one received for each.
Look at last year’s yearbook to get an idea of how each of these have been handled.
1. Theme Intro.
2. EndNote. On the last page of the yearbook. A closing to the theme.
3. This I Believe.
4. Poems – interspersed throughout.
5. Year in Review. Short writings about various events in the news this past year. Can be both
at Omni and in the news.
6. Academics. Writing about various teachers/classes.
7. 6th, 7th, 8th Grade Intro pages.
8. Section Divider: Exploratory Courses, Clubs, Sports.
9. Clubs. Extracurricular activities. Sports.
10. Your own feature idea (what is it)?
2 Comments »
What follows is a tentative ladder for this year’s yearbook. A yearbook ladder indicates what content will be on what pages. We will use this ladder as a reference to what we need to accomplish.
Front Cover – Crystal L.
Front Endsheet – Danielle C.
2. Table of Contents – TV Guide – OmniVision – A Guide. Juliane
3. Principal’s Message. Alexa G.
4-5. Theme Intro. Writing, student artwork and layout. Casey M. write and layout6-
10-11. Photo collage. Gabby and Shelby
12-13. This I Believe. Jenai F.
14-15. Year in Review.
16-17. Photo collage. Lee O. and Max G.
22-27. Academics. Scott G.
28-29. Administration, Main Office -
30-33. Faculty and Staff – Danielle C.
34-35. Feature – Danielle C. – cartoon bodies, teacher heads.
36-37. 8th Grade Intro pages. Writing, photos, layout. Alyssa T.
38-55. 8th Grade Roster pages. –Briana and Luna.
56-57. 8th Grade Superlatives. Trent, Alyssa A., Alyssa T., Casey M.
58-59. 8th Grade Quotes. Tara and Savanna
60-61. 7th Grade Intro. Alexa G.
62-75. 7th Grade Roster pages. Tiffany and Jennifer S.
76-77. 6th Grade Intro. Ali A.
78-96. 6th Grade Roster pages. Jocelyn G.
96-99. Baby pictures. Gabby, Shelby, Sam and Marissa
100-101. Section Divider.
102-105. Band. Max G.
106-107. Art. Gabby, Shelby, Marissa, Samantha
108-109. Drama. Jocelyn G.
110-111. Exploratory Courses: Family and Consumer Science, Business, French, Spanish,
Technology, P.E. – Ali A.
112-113. National Junior Honor Society. Student Council. Lee O.
114-117. Omni Clubs. WOTV. Knowledge Bowl. Random Acts of Kindness. FCCLA. Writing Club. Chess Club. Drama Club(?), Student Aide/FFEA, Science Fair. Bowling. Alyssa T. and Alexa G.
118-119. Omni Sports Divider.
120-121. Omni Softball. Omni Baseball. Jacob and Alyssa T.
122-123. Boys Soccer. Girls Soccer. Ali A.
124-125. Girls Basketball. Boys Basketball. Tiffany E. and Jennifer S.
126-127. Girls Volleyball. Alyssa T. Omni Cheerleading. Jackie C.
128-129. Track; Alexa G. Boys Volleyball. Alyssa T. Lacrosse. Scott G. PTSA: Five-Peat!
130-131. Memorial Tribute – Mr. Truesdail. – Mr. Goldstein
134-135. Yearbook Credits. Madison
136-147. Dedications. Tara and Savanna and Jenai
148-153. Autograph pages. Gabby and Shelby
154. Autograph Page. EndNote. Gabby and Shelby
1. Put teachers’ heads on TV/Movie characters. Draw the characters in Paint.
2. Take pictures of teachers to use their heads on characters. Get permission.
Brianna M. and Luna R.
1. 8th grade rosters.
First step: Proofread names from database using hardcopy.
Second step: make changes in database
Third step: Plan a layout (on paper), using last year’s yearbook as a reference.
Figure out how many roster pictures on a page and the look and
feel of it.
How many candid pictures will surround the roster pictures?
Will there be other features (such as polls/surveys, interview
questions, quotes from students relating to our theme? or other aspects of Life
Create/use created backgrounds for roster pages. Figure out how many pages we
Work on completing Portrait Flow layouts of roster pages combining all the various
elements you have planned.
Tiffany E. and Jennifer S.
1. 7th Grade roster sheets.
Follow the same procedure as the 8th grade roster pages, above.
2 Comments »